What does volunteering for Share the Dignity mean?
Thank you for registering to volunteer with us. We would like you to know a little bit more about volunteering with Share the Dignity before going any further.
Everybody joins Share the Dignity as a Shero/Hero. The Shero/Hero Role description can be found here. Please take the time to read and understand the role. Many of our volunteers also have particular skills that we would love to use in other roles. In that case a volunteer queen will call and discuss them with you.
Our Collections are held in March and August for Sanitary items and in November for #itsinthebag. More information on what is expected during collection periods will be provided by the State teams after you have completed the volunteer process.
We are so proud of the work we do at Share the Dignity and the real impact our charity makes to help women in need.
But we need YOUR help. This charity really is all about #womensupporting women and knowing that we can help restore just a little dignity to women doing it tough. This is our goal.
A Welcome from our Founder - Rochelle Courtenay
We have 5 key dates for our charitable work
March is our Sanitary collection
August sees us collecting sanitary items again. It’s not like we can give a homeless woman a warm jacket and it keeps her warm for years; this is a monthly problem and for sake of a simple maths equation, 85,000 women used homelessness services last year. Imagine if only half of them needed sanitary items. That means we need to collect around half a million packets each year to ENSURE women are not using wadded up toilet paper, or newspaper, or a sock to deal with their period!
And last, but certainly not least, is our #itsinthebag Xmas appeal where we ask the public to gift another woman they will never meet with a handbag filled with life’s necessities and then some special things to help her feel valued and loved.
- We believe in the power of working together
- We will always strive to support and help each other
- We will share ideas, focusing on solutions not problems
- A true Hero or Shero treats others with dignity, respect and kindness
- We will always act with honesty and integrity
- We will stand up for what we believe in
- We believe in being thoughtful and considerate
- We each have an important role to play and will always strive to do our best
- If we make a mistake, we will do our best to fix it
- We believe in working smarter, not harder
- We are passionate about the work we do
- We celebrate our successes and strive to have fun
The following is important information regarding our policies that we ask you to please read. Grab a coffee, take a seat and ensure you understand it. Should you have any questions these can be emailed to [email protected]
You are nearly there! Click below to proceed to the next step.
By proceeding to the next step you are confirming you have read and understood the policies laid out above and agree to be bound by them.